Welcome to Highland Elementary School! Currently providing services to 400 children in grades K-5 Highland is a diverse and vibrant school community. Our diversity is experienced through a variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds as well as a wide range of socioeconomic backgrounds and learning needs. Regardless of their individual differences, each member of our community comes to school each day excited and ready to learn.
As Principal of Highland Elementary School, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you in advance for the privilege of working with you and your children. My office is always open and I look forward to meeting with you during the school year and working in partnership as we support every child in being successful in school. We have designed our website to be a source of information for you and your child. We hope you find the information helpful as we work together to support your child in having a successful school experience. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at (413) 572-6428. On behalf of the entire Highland School community, I wish you all the best for the coming year.
the students, staff, and families of Highland Elementary School, will
work together as a community to provide a safe learning environment that
promotes academic, emotional, social, and physical growth so that all
students will be responsible and respectful citizens.
In order to make our vision a reality it is our mission to:
- Provide a classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Provide professional development training for teachers to include current curriculum, instruction and assessment procedures.
- Provide the local community and parents the opportunity to become involved in children's education at all levels.
- Provide curricular and extracurricular opportunities that will allow all students to be successful lifelong learners and will empower them to meet the needs of the 21st century.
- Provide an atmosphere of tolerance and respect for all member of the school community.